Please read the following terms and conditions. By using this website (“Website”) you are taken to consent to these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
About Swimming Class UK
This Website is operated by Swimming Class UK, London, UK.
- At Swimming Class UK we take the utmost care and attention when conducting our lessons. Your safety is of the utmost importance. However, there is also a duty of care for each swimmer during each lesson. Care and attention is required within the pool and surrounding areas, as any body of water has obvious inherent risks including, and not limited to drowning.
- Swimming Class UK, the location and its instructors do not accept any responsibility for any death, injury or loss suffered during a lesson. The client accepts full responsibility that they are in good physical health and fit to attend swimming lessons.
- Medical issues and injuries are passed to the instructor after registration and bookings, however, please note it is your responsibility to discuss your medical condition with your instructor that may affect your health whilst under their instruction.
- Safety in our lessons and your well-being is our priority.
Booking and Payment
Lessons are booked on a termly basis and until the last lesson of the term. We are unable to facilitate ‘part term’ bookings where your request is to end the term early. Bookings are not confirmed until payment has been received. You will always be provided with a confirmation of your booking via email.
Cancellations & Refunds
- All payments are non-refundable. All sessions must be used within four months of purchase (for packages of six lessons and weekend packages) and within six months of purchase (for packages of ten lessons). If lessons are not used within this period, lessons cannot be refunded or carried forward.
- Please be aware that we have a 48 hour cancellation policy for all individual lessons. If you need to cancel for any reason, please call us immediately. Full payment is required for lessons cancelled within this 48 hour period.
- Cash payments must be made in full on the poolside to the coach before the start of the lesson.
- Bank transfer payments must be made in full prior the the first swimming lesson, unless authorised to do otherwise.
- The lesson will be deemed to have started at the pre-arranged time. Any lost time due to late arrival cannot be guaranteed to be made up at the end of the lesson (this will be at the discretion and availability of the coach).
- All time slots for lessons and packages are subject to availability within a calendar week.
- Credits cannot be given for any missed sessions during our block bookings. We reserves the right to cancel any course due to teacher sickness, we do our best to first find a cover teacher. If we have to cancel a lesson, in this case we will offer to transfer you to another class or offer a full refund.
- Any authorised refunds are subject to a 5% admin fee.
- We reserve the right to cancel crash courses if the booking numbers are too low. We will give you a full refund and at least 24 hours notice.
- If your teacher is going to be absent, we will provide you with a replacement teacher. You will be notified prior to this. We can not provide you with a makeup lesson if you chose not to swim with this replacement teacher.
- We provide +1 makeup lesson per term (3 month blocks). If you cancel/miss more than 1 per term, we can not guarantee any makeup lesson.
- If you cancel on the day, this is considered as a missed lesson.
- Pool closures – in the event of a pool closure, the client will not be charged for lessons during this time. Lessons that are lost due to pool closures are added as credits.
- Teachers are not paid during pool closures.
Change of details
You must inform us of any change in address, contact details, student health or condition and also if there is a change of Guardian / Carer. These changes and any other relevant change should be made in writing to the Bookings Administrator.
Parents / Guardian Responsibility
A parent or carer must remain on site for the duration of the lesson. Swimming teachers will meet parent/guardian at the changing room entry door.
Changes once the course has started
Change to your scheduled time is always possible where there is availability.
Free swimming trial
Only available for new bookings from January 2020. There is a £5 fee to process the booking. The free trial is for one 30 minute lesson only. Available on Saturdays between 3pm and 7pm only. The first trial lesson will be with whichever teacher is available at the time.
Only available for new clients. There is a limit of one voucher per client. £100 voucher equals to 2 x 60 minute private tuition for adults. Voucher is valid for 6 months of issue date. Following the completion of the voucher lessons, we encourage clients to book the swimming packages listed on our Prices page.
Exclusion of liability
Swimming Class UK does not accept liability of any description, including liability for negligence, or any damages or losses (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss, or loss of business, revenue, profits, use or opportunity) howsoever arising from your use (or inability to use) this Website or the Contents.
This website and these Terms are governed exclusively by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Swimming Class UK reserves the right to revise the Terms at any time.
We will only email you for reason of interest within Swimming Class UK and will never provide your emails or contact details to any third party.
Please email [email protected]